noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hydrophilic amino acid which is a constituent of most proteins.
More example sentences
- An amide of glutamic acid; chemical formula: H2NCOCH2CH2(NH2)COOH
- Without adequate amounts of the amino acid glutamine, however, protein synthesis may not occur.
- The amino acids glutamine and tyrosine will improve concentration, retention and a sense of alertness.
- Contents of glutamine, asparagine, methionine, and tryptophan in the tissues were not determined by this method.
More definitions of glutamineDefinition of glutamine in:
- The US English dictionary