noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound involved as a coenzyme in oxidation-reduction reactions in cells. It is a tripeptide derived from glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine.More example sentences
- It is evident that accumulation of GSSG can result from small imbalances in the rates of oxidation and reduction of glutathione.
- The tripeptide glutathione is usually the most abundant thiol compound present in both shoot and roots.
- The authors explain that this is an indication of an enhanced metabolic flux through cysteine to glutathione in all groups of transgenic plants.
More definitions of glutathioneDefinition of glutathione in:
- The US English dictionary