Definition of gluttonous in English:
Excessively greedy: a gluttonous, cigar-smoking capitalist
More example sentences
- If you become less gluttonous, less greedy, less myopic, more savvy about the world in general, they don't win; you win.
- If you're as gluttonous as we were, you should expect to pay $20 or so per person (including a complementary bowl of chips and homemade salsa), but you can also eat for much less.
- In the process, their brand of conservatism is beginning to look like a gluttonous attempt to funnel billions of dollars into the bank accounts of their friends and supporters.
- Example sentences
- Since the 1930s, serialized comics have appeared in phone-book-thick magazine compilations and hundred-page paperbacks, gluttonously consumed.
- The way we eat in North America is gluttonously ugly.
- We gluttonously overordered the grilled and marinated meats, even retracing our steps for seconds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan