(US also glycemia)
The presence of glucose in the blood.
- There are recommendations about the target levels for glycaemia, blood pressure, and lipids in the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Also, the effects of glycaemia and albuminuria, as well as of high density lipoprotein cholesterol, triglycerides, and electrocardiographic findings, could be taken into account, providing a more valid risk table.
- Firstly, the relation between glycaemia and incidence of diabetes is non-linear, with the risk threshold coinciding with the onset of pre-diabetes.
- Example sentences
- Minimally invasive treatment can be adopted in less severe cases with strict glycaemic control, intravenous antibiotics, and percutaneous drainage.
- Weight loss, therefore, of at least 5-10% would be a logical goal, alongside standard glycaemic and cardiovascular targets, for many overweight people with diabetes.
- The average dietary glycaemic load was calculated for each participant, and non-dietary factors were assessed, including smoking, amount and type of exercise, and body mass index.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gly|caemia
Definition of glycaemia in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.