(US also glycemia)
Definition of glycaemia in English:
The presence of glucose in the blood.
- There are recommendations about the target levels for glycaemia, blood pressure, and lipids in the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Also, the effects of glycaemia and albuminuria, as well as of high density lipoprotein cholesterol, triglycerides, and electrocardiographic findings, could be taken into account, providing a more valid risk table.
- Firstly, the relation between glycaemia and incidence of diabetes is non-linear, with the risk threshold coinciding with the onset of pre-diabetes.
- Example sentences
- Minimally invasive treatment can be adopted in less severe cases with strict glycaemic control, intravenous antibiotics, and percutaneous drainage.
- Weight loss, therefore, of at least 5-10% would be a logical goal, alongside standard glycaemic and cardiovascular targets, for many overweight people with diabetes.
- The average dietary glycaemic load was calculated for each participant, and non-dietary factors were assessed, including smoking, amount and type of exercise, and body mass index.
Definition of glycaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia