(US also glycemic index)
- A figure representing the relative ability of a carbohydrate food to increase the level of glucose in the blood.More example sentences
- The glycemic index measures the blood glucose profile of carbohydrate foods.
- And that relationship is strengthened if you bring in the glycaemic load, and the glycaemic load is the glycaemic index times the carbohydrate per serve.
- They're now looking at whether carbohydrates with a high glycemic index also boost blood pressure and body fat.
More definitions of glycaemic indexDefinition of glycaemic index in:
- The US English dictionary