noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
The simplest naturally occurring amino acid, which is a constituent of most proteins.
- Chemical formula: H2NCH2COOH
More example sentences
- Also, a combination of the amino acids glycine, alanine and glutamic acid can relieve symptoms of prostatitis.
- These are the proteins cysteine, glycine, glutamic acid and the antioxidant metal selenium.
- All of these silks are composed of protein chains in which the amino acids glycine, alanine, and serine dominate.
mid 19th century: from Greek glukus 'sweet' + -ine4.
Definition of glycine in:
- The US English dictionary