1 Short for ethylene glycol.
- A glycol is an aliphatic organic compound in which two hydroxyl groups are present.
- Alexander Mikhailovich Butlerov had hydrolyzed methylene acetate while trying to form methyl glycol and produced formaldehyde gas.
- Simulant rockets containing water or ethyl glycol instead of chemical agent were used to train soldiers on the proper handling and firing of the M55.
1.1 Chemistry another term for diol.
- Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, ethers, glycols and higher alcohols are not corrosive to magnesium and its alloys.
- Vapor diffusion systems involving solutions with high concentrations of high molecular weight polyethylene glycols and low ionic strengths are very sensitive to drop volume and take a longer time to equilibrate.
- Aliphatic dihydric alcohols are known as glycols.
- Example sentences
- Mild alphahydroxy acids formulated into the cleanser can make a nice addition for smoother, fresher skin (look for lactic, glycolic and fruit acid complexes).
- Or opt for products that contain pore-clearing exfoliators like retinol or alpha-hydroxy, glycolic or salicylic acids.
- Opt for a chemical exfoliator with natural skin: sloughers like glycolic, lactic or salicylic acid.
Definition of glycol in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.