noun[mass noun] Medicine
A condition characterized by an excess of sugar in the urine, typically associated with diabetes or kidney disease.
- Participants not known to be diabetic and without glycosuria underwent a standard oral glucose tolerance test.
- He was aware that pancreatic disease led to glycosuria.
- A rectal examination can determine the presence of fecal impaction, and a simple urinalysis can be used to screen for infection or glycosuria.
- Example sentences
- It is not always accompanied by clinical symptoms but can be diagnosed on the basis of high glycaemic and glycosuric concentrations.
- Blood glucose levels of glycosuric animals were then tested using a One Touch II glucometer (Lifescan, Milpitas, CA, USA).
- Following irradiation, 5 ml of glucose solution was given to irradiated and nonirradiated albino rats until the animals became glycosuric. lrradiated animals developed g1ycosuria 14-l8 hr after irradiation.
Mid 19th century: from French glycosurie, from glucos 'glucose'.
Definition of glycosuria in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.