- The art or scientific study of gem engraving.More example sentences
- The XI international days of glyptography are organized this year in Palma de Mallorca.
- Gemstone carving, known as glyptography, is an exacting endeavor in which only the gifted and patient achieve success.
- The designs were reproduced from etchings by means of glyptography, a cheap form of graphic reproduction, enabling the publisher to sell the entire series of prints for one shilling.
late 18th century: from Greek gluptos 'carved' (from gluphein 'carve') + -graphy.
More definitions of glyptographyDefinition of glyptography in:
- The US English dictionary