- A line across a football or hockey field at or near its end, on which the goal is placed or which acts as the boundary beyond which a try or touchdown is scored.More example sentences
- The Cowboys returned it down near the goal line and then scored, giving them a 27-17 lead.
- The only useful use of Galileo is to make certain whether or not the football crossed the goal line!
- UBC won the field position battle, pinning SFU near their own goal line on more than one occasion in the first half.
More definitions of goal lineDefinition of goal line in:
- The US English dictionary