nounSoccer , • derogatory
- A player who spends much of the game near the opposing team’s goal in the hope of scoring easy goals.More example sentences
- You can call such players high class goalhangers if you like, but the fact is they score goals.
- He also had a surprising tenacity for a forward - he was no goalhanger, he put himself about.
- When I was a kid, we called such players goalhangers, and the modern game can't do with them.
More definitions of goalhangerDefinition of goalhanger in:
- The US English dictionary