- A herbaceous plant of the pea family, which was formerly used in medicine, especially as a vermifuge.
More example sentences
- Two species in the family Leguminosae: a bushy Eurasian plant which is cultivated as an ornamental (Galega officinalis), and a North American plant with pink and yellow flowers and which smells of goats (Tephrosia virginiana)
- The goat's rue is a common roadside wildflower found in June and July in our region.
- Tephrosia virginiana (goat's rue) should not be confused with Galega officinalis also referred to as ‘goatsrue’.
More definitions of goat's rueDefinition of goat's rue in:
- The US English dictionary