A common European willow with broad leaves and soft fluffy catkins. Also called sallow1 or pussy willow.
- Salix caprea, family Salicaceae
More example sentences
- Quick-growing goat willow will be planted to provide a rapid screen, along with a native woodland mix that will become established in around ten years when the willow will be removed.
- Some of the fields are nice, traditionally managed, and Broadlands Beck is pleasant with holly dominant, honeysuckle green and goat willows dripping catkins.
- Before the gorse, goat willow and bramble were all problems needing a lot of labor to manage.
Definition of goat willow in:
- The US English dictionary