noun (plural same or goatfishes)
- North American term for red mullet.More example sentences
- In the shallower water gather surgeonfish, triggerfish, scorpionfish, goatfish and giant clams.
- Dozens of demoiselles hovered, waiting for the combfish to remove their parasites while the goatfish below seemed oblivious to the free grooming services available.
- Following them will often be a crowd of wrasse or snapper, hoping to nip in for a free meal uncovered by the goatfish.
More definitions of goatfishDefinition of goatfish in:
- The US English dictionary