- 1The skin of a goat.More example sentences
- Inside hang sheepskins, saddlebags, the goatskin that Hector and Lalo skinned yesterday to make chaps, a shopping bag reading I LOVE YOU.
- Unveiled women volunteer shy smiles as they continue with their chores: scrubbing pans, spinning wool, or in one case churning butter in a goatskin suspended from a wooden tripod.
- Soft goatskins and sheepskins were laid out so the fighters didn't damage each other any more than necessary.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Leather made from the skin of a goat: morocco is fashioned from goatskin [as modifier]: a goatskin tentMore example sentences
- Zulu men, for instance, sport the amabheshu, a type of apron of goatskin or leather worn at the back.
- They appear to have been constructed of greased leather stretched over a wooden frame containing goatskin bags which could be filled with water for submerging and then squeezed out for surfacing.
- Tuareg and Hausa craftsmen are famous for their fancy leather work - beautiful boots, colorful sandals, and goatskin bags.
- 1.2A garment or object made out of goatskin: goatskins belted across their chestsMore example sentences
- Canteens and goatskins had been half-drained before this was discovered by unfortunate soldiers seeking to slake their thirst.
- And occasionally the pair produce more than just scented goatskins.
- The family then begins reveling in their salvation, drinking wine from goatskins.
More definitions of goatskinDefinition of goatskin in:
- The US English dictionary