Definition of gobsmacked in English:
Utterly astonished; astounded: the locals were gobsmacked when us lot trooped in
More example sentences
- There are still some things in life which leave me utterly gobsmacked.
- I'd never been so utterly gobsmacked by the beauty of a place.
- Have you then seen the same old coffin dodger like ten years later and been utterly gobsmacked to see them still alive and kicking?
- Example sentences
- Not as gobsmacking as the first Alias collection, but really, these comics grabbed me and have not yet let me go.
- It is gobsmacking and unfortunately all too predictable of a Londoncentric art world.
- Even more cosmetics are bought in Japan than in the USA and a gobsmacking 49 percent of the world's fashion luxury goods are bought by the Japanese, mainly when travelling.
Definition of gobsmacked in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia