- A large, hard spherical sweet.More example sentences
- Some sweets are equipped with surprising visual and flavour effects: gobstoppers change colour when sucked, sherbet fizzes in the mouth, and bubble gum is as much about bubbles as sweetness.
- Now, in theory at least, children could buy unlimited quantities of Spangles, gobstoppers and sweet cigarettes.
- My lifelong enthusiasm for cheap sweets stems, I fancy, from the fact that, when I was in rompers, our allowance was only about four ounces of bullseyes and gobstoppers a week.
More definitions of gobstopperDefinition of gobstopper in:
- The US English dictionary