- 1Indian , often • derogatory A holy man; a guru: he was not allowed to interrogate god-man Chandra SwamiMore example sentences
- We know several such fake god-men and claimants of divinity amongst humans.
- For certain Islam does not authorize laymen, or even god-men, to take law into their own hands.
- Again the so-called god-men and diviners claim to possess powers.
- 2An incarnation of a god in human form.More example sentences
- The titles were all hollow now: Aetius the Patrician, Father of the Emperor, Savior of Rome, the god-man who had astounded the world by routing Attila in Gaul; Aetius, Last of the Romans, besides the pope.
- Archbishop Philip Wilson's private secretary reported that, in response to the revelations about the god-man, ‘The Archbishop is discussing the matter with his advisors.’
More definitions of god-manDefinition of god-man in:
- The US English dictionary