Definition of god-man in English:
1Indian , often derogatory A holy man; a guru: he was not allowed to interrogate god-man Chandra Swami
More example sentences
- We know several such fake god-men and claimants of divinity amongst humans.
- For certain Islam does not authorize laymen, or even god-men, to take law into their own hands.
- Again the so-called god-men and diviners claim to possess powers.
2An incarnation of a god in human form.
- The titles were all hollow now: Aetius the Patrician, Father of the Emperor, Savior of Rome, the god-man who had astounded the world by routing Attila in Gaul; Aetius, Last of the Romans, besides the pope.
- Archbishop Philip Wilson's private secretary reported that, in response to the revelations about the god-man, ‘The Archbishop is discussing the matter with his advisors.’
Definition of god-man in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia