Definition of god-man in English:
1Indian , often derogatory A holy man; a guru: he was not allowed to interrogate god-man Chandra Swami
More example sentences
- We know several such fake god-men and claimants of divinity amongst humans.
- For certain Islam does not authorize laymen, or even god-men, to take law into their own hands.
- Again the so-called god-men and diviners claim to possess powers.
2An incarnation of a god in human form.
- The titles were all hollow now: Aetius the Patrician, Father of the Emperor, Savior of Rome, the god-man who had astounded the world by routing Attila in Gaul; Aetius, Last of the Romans, besides the pope.
- Archbishop Philip Wilson's private secretary reported that, in response to the revelations about the god-man, ‘The Archbishop is discussing the matter with his advisors.’
Definition of god-man in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.