(also goddamn, goddamned)
adjective & adverb• informal , chiefly North American
- Used for emphasis, especially to express anger or frustration: [as adjective]: I feel so sick I can hardly raise my goddam head [as submodifier]: he had been told to do this on some goddam boring management courseMore example sentences
- And irony, oh, the goddamned irony, that courses through the popular culture like a cancer.
- I saved up for snow tires this year (damn near killed myself on bald tires in these goddam mountains last year) and went down to get them mounted and balanced this morning after coffee.
- Unless, of course, one of you wants to break that goddamned lamp.
mid 17th century: abbreviation of God damn (me).
More definitions of goddamDefinition of goddam in:
- The US English dictionary