- A North American plant with showy lilac to red flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Clarkia (or Godetia), family Onagraceae
- It's a mix of corn cockle, godetia, honeywort, and California poppies that came up on its own several years ago and has been self-sowing for repeat performances ever since.
- The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.
- At Pheasant Hill Farm now (mid-April) we have six greenhouse benches overflowing with flowers - Blue Horizon ageratum, statice, celosias, gomphrena, cinnamon basil, campanula, lisianthus, godetia, euphorbia, and many, many more.
modern Latin, named after Charles H. Godet (1797–1879), Swiss botanist.
More definitions of godetiaDefinition of godetia in:
- The US English dictionary