- A dark or yellowish-brown mineral consisting of hydrated iron oxide, occurring typically as masses of fibrous crystals.More example sentences
- Tiny crystals of hematite, goethite, chalcopyrite, marcasite, and dolomite are common and make excellent micromounts.
- Although each mound had substantial amounts of quartz and kaolinite, minerals that reflected differences in mound material included magnetite, gypsum, hornblende, hematite, goethite, and feldspars.
- It includes goethite on quartz, secondary quartz enclosing already crystallized goethite, and goethite and secondary quartz crystallizing together.
More definitions of goethiteDefinition of goethite in:
- The US English dictionary