- A membrane used to separate leaves of gold during beating.More example sentences
- A piece of steel spring was attached to a stretched membrane of gold-beater's skin and placed in front of the pole of the magnet.
- The phonautograph used by Bell was a large cone, closed at the small end by a membrane of gold-beater's skin.
- Though this technique was sufficient in many cases, a stronger bond was achieved with other adhesives in combination with the gold-beater's skin.
More definitions of gold-beater's skinDefinition of gold-beater's skin in:
- The US English dictionary