- 1 • informal An advocate of a single gold standard for currency.More example sentences
- All this happened despite a gold standard (which goldbugs always say is supposed to keep the bankers and politicians ‘honest’).
- 1.1A person favouring gold as an investment.More example sentences
- Investors wishing to become goldbugs should concentrate on unhedged mining companies in the global top 12, particularly Goldfields, Harmony and Durban Deep.
- 2 another term for gold beetle.
More definitions of goldbugDefinition of goldbug in:
- The US English dictionary