- Benefits, typically deferred payments, provided by an employer to discourage an employee from taking employment elsewhere: his five-year golden handcuffs are released next yearMore example sentences
- So, the incentives act like handcuffs for the employee, albeit golden handcuffs.
- With the golden handcuffs all but gone, retaining employees is ‘more about communicating what the future can bring,’ says Knapp.
- The rewards also function as golden handcuffs, because they cannot be collected until an employee retires after reaching age 65.
More definitions of golden handcuffsDefinition of golden handcuffs in:
- The US English dictionary