Definition of golden mean in English:
1The ideal moderate position between two extremes.
- Without yielding to the pressure, we should try to strike a golden mean.
- Now TAS is trying to strike a golden mean by blending the advantages of technology with the charm of the instruments, thavil, cello, triple drum, flute and jazz.
- Perhaps the old doctrine of the golden mean still works.
2 another term for golden section.
- I posit a connection to the golden mean via rectangles.
- Both of these are variously called the golden number or golden ratio, golden section, golden mean or the divine proportion.
- The golden section is also called the golden ratio, the golden mean and the divine proportion.
Definition of golden mean in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia