Definition of golden mean in English:
1The ideal moderate position between two extremes.
- Without yielding to the pressure, we should try to strike a golden mean.
- Now TAS is trying to strike a golden mean by blending the advantages of technology with the charm of the instruments, thavil, cello, triple drum, flute and jazz.
- Perhaps the old doctrine of the golden mean still works.
2 another term for golden section.
- I posit a connection to the golden mean via rectangles.
- Both of these are variously called the golden number or golden ratio, golden section, golden mean or the divine proportion.
- The golden section is also called the golden ratio, the golden mean and the divine proportion.
Definition of golden mean in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.