- A blind mole with an iridescent sheen to its coat, native to southern Africa.
More example sentences
- Family Chrysochloridae: several genera and species
- Today these are represented by the elephants, the sea cows, the elephant shrews, the golden moles, the tenrecs and the aardvark.
- While the fossorial rodents are herbivores, typically feeding on roots and tubers, the talpid moles, golden moles and marsupial mole are largely insectivorous.
- There have been no direct studies of hearing in golden moles or in the marsupial mole.