- The division of a line so that the whole is to the greater part as that part is to the smaller part (i.e. in a ratio of 1 to 1/ 2 (√5 + 1)), a proportion which is considered to be particularly pleasing to the eye.More example sentences
- Both shank and line are in turn struck through by a diagonal, recalling the harmonious proportions of a golden section.
- Among his most prized possessions were his books of Plato, including the Timaeus in which the mathematical ratios of the golden section are described.
- So the phi by phi squares are themselves divided at their own golden section ratios by the side of the other overlapping square.
More definitions of golden sectionDefinition of golden section in:
- The US English dictionary