A plant of the daisy family, which bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
- Genus Solidago, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.
- Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
Definition of goldenrod in:
- The US English dictionary