Gold objects collectively.
- Duke Albrecht V was a magnificent collector of books, coins, and goldwork, acquiring the collections of Hans Fugger and building the Antiquarium at the Munich Residenz to display his antiquities.
- According to Smith's obituary in the Liverpool Mercury, on 26 February 1892, Ruskin admired his work and is reported to have written to him that: ‘It seems to me, your taste and skill are able to accomplish as good goldwork as was ever done’.
- Example sentences
- The Ghanaian interior is rich in its deposits, and goldworking was already a well-honed art when Portuguese traders first anchored off Ghana's rocky coast in the late 1400s.
- According to the Aztecs, these Toltecs were held to be the inventors of all artistry, from writing to goldworking to medicine, and the very word ‘Toltec’ meant artist or craftsman.
- Throughout this vast region, from about AD 700 until the 16th-century Spanish invasion, a rich and varied tradition of goldworking was practiced.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gold|work
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.