Definition of golf in English:
- A man was playing a game of golf, and on hole 16, he hit the ball right into a field of buttercups.
- Another choice is a game of golf at either of the two nearby 18-hole courses.
- You'll be able to watch live premiership games, basketball, golf, cricket, and all sorts.
A golf course usually has 18 holes, each set in a smooth lawn (a green) separated from the others by stretches of smooth grass (fairways), rough ground, sand-filled bunkers, and other hazards. Various clubs are used to hit the ball from a tee towards the green, up to 450 m away, and then putt it into the hole
verb[no object] (often as noun golfing) Back to top
- The idea behind pasture golf is golfing without all the pomp and circumstance.
- The aim of the championship golf tournament is to promote youth golfing in the region.
- He's pretty healthy, golfing almost every day, hanging out with his friends at night.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.