(also gonadotropic hormone /-ˈtrəʊpɪk, -ˈtrɒpɪk/)
- another term for gonadotrophin.More example sentences
- The extension of the conceptualization from the gonads to the brain also included the postulation of a new type of hormone: the gonadotropic hormones.
- The gonadotrophic hormones and the gonads' own steroid hormones act together to maintain the prime function of the gonads: the production of mature eggs or sperm.
- As direction and degree of laterality were reported in this study in both male and female mice, we selected plasma-luteinizing hormone concentration, which is a common trigger for both male and female gonadotropic hormones.
More definitions of gonadotrophic hormoneDefinition of gonadotrophic hormone in:
- The US English dictionary