(also gonadotropin /-ˈtrəʊpɪn, -ˈtrɒpɪn/)
- Any of a group of hormones secreted by the pituitary which stimulate the activity of the gonads.More example sentences
- The estrogen also decreases secretion of gonadotropins by the anterior pituitary, with a consequent decrease in the amount of androgens produced by the ovaries.
- The existence of a positive relationship between coital activities and both gonadotropins and androgens indicates the importance of these compounds to healthy vaginal epithelium when estrogen levels are decreased.
- These gonadotropins in turn stimulate synthesis of steroid hormones in target tissues.
More definitions of gonadotrophinDefinition of gonadotrophin in:
- The US English dictionary