Definition of good-natured in English:
Kind, friendly, and patient: everyone was very good-natured about it there was plenty of good-natured banter
More example sentences
- She was a good-natured, kind and pleasant person and a most helpful neighbour who will be missed by all who knew her.
- Oddly, it isn't included on this debut album though its good-natured whimsy would have chimed well with these songs.
- Amiable, good-natured and good fun, this is a highly promising feature debut from Simon Pegg.
warm-hearted, friendly, amiable;
neighbourly, benevolent, well disposed, favourably disposed, kind, kindly, kind-hearted, generous, magnanimous, unselfish, considerate, thoughtful, obliging, helpful, supportive, charitable;
British informal decent
- Example sentences
- With that, he turned good-naturedly to his schoolmate.
- Friends who live far apart geographically were brought together to good-naturedly discuss mutual interests or angrily denounce differing tastes.
- Jamie Robinson is an expert skipper who, with the help of ship's mate Toby, good-naturedly fuses guests into a surprisingly competent crew.
Words that rhyme with good-naturedill-natured
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.