1Friendly, helpful, or cooperative feelings or attitude: the scheme is dependent on goodwill between the two sides [as modifier]: a goodwill gesture
More example sentences
- You are generous and giving as you share goodwill and hospitality with friends and loved ones.
- A light and playful rather than heavy and serious attitude brings success and goodwill.
- The man himself puts everything down to the co-operation and goodwill of the stars.
benevolence, compassion, kind-heartedness, big-heartedness, goodness, kindness, kindliness, consideration, charity;
cooperation, collaboration, friendliness, thoughtfulness, decency, amity, sympathy, understanding, amenability, neighbourliness, mutual support
2The established reputation of a business regarded as a quantifiable asset and calculated as part of its value when it is sold.
- In fact I appeared in the subsequent valuation test case which valued that goodwill.
- In some cases, the only chargeable asset to transfer on incorporation is goodwill.
- Others have sold at a loss, or at a figure which does not reflect the value of the goodwill.
Words that rhyme with goodwillbill, Brazil, brill, Camille, chill, cookchill, dill, distil (US distill), downhill, drill, Edgehill, Estoril, fill, freewill, frill, fulfil (US fulfill), Gill, grill, grille, hill, ill, instil, kill, krill, mil, mill, nil, Phil, pill, quadrille, quill, rill, Seville, shill, shrill, sill, skill, spadille, spill, squill, still, stock-still, swill, thill, thrill, till, trill, twill, until, uphill, will
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: good|will
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.