adjective (gooier, gooiest)• informal
- 1Soft and sticky: a gooey chocolate dessertMore example sentences
- Prepare everything 48 hours in advance to allow the sugary chocolate to become gooey and sticky and begin to seep into the layers of creamy cranberry.
- I was starving, so was pleased that my sag aloo starter - a deliciously red, gooey mess of soft potato pieces in spices - was a decent size.
- Alternatively, give ordinary croissants a makeover and stuff them with smoked salmon and gooey soft cheese.
- 2Mawkishly sentimental: she gets all gooey over babiesMore example sentences
- The writers juggled a nice mix of comedy, drama and romance pretty well, only occasionally stumbling into gooey sentimentality.
- Some say it's gooey and sentimental but I think it's beautiful.
- There isn't a whole lot of gooey sentimentality and no symbolic Robert Frost poems.
- More example sentences
- I'd been watching the stats build all day with a sense of gooeyness thinking all my mates were checking the site on mass out of concern for me.
- Something called Sticky Toffee Pudding was infused with a delicate, gourmet gooeyness, and the banana cream pie had the kind of sugary, cheesecake-style crust you rarely see south of the Mason-Dixon line.
- Nearly 20 percent of us are repelled by raw tomatoes (something about the gooeyness inside the firmness), and about the same fraction of us simply don't like trying new foods.