nounUS • informal
- A foolish or stupid person (often used as a general term of abuse).More example sentences
- Apparently, these goofuses actually expected the applause of a grateful public, but instead folks are appalled at what they are trying to do to us.
- Avery was the burly curly-haired twinkle-eyed guy, and Burns was the lanky goofus.
- She hadn't been on a date for over a year, and the good doctor was infinitely more sophisticated and charming than all the goofuses she had been with combined.
1920s: based on goof.
More definitions of goofusDefinition of goofus in:
- The US English dictionary