Definition of google in English:
Search for information about (someone or something) on the Internet using the search engine Google: on Sunday she googled an ex-boyfriend [no object]: I googled for a cheap hotel/flight deal
More example sentences
- You were the crush I've never forgotten and since the Internet has arrived, I've even googled your name Tim, but where would I begin.
- And this is the kind of thing I don't need coming up under my full name when I'm googled.
- You've probably also heard me talk about how much I wanted to find him - how long I've been searching, googling him all the time and never finding anything.
1990s: from Google, the proprietary name of the search engine.
googleable (also googlable) adjective
- Example sentences
- I'd mention names, but the www is googlable.
- I couldn't even start today's NYTimes crossword puzzle, and I got stalled at 75% of yesterday's, even after looking up the googlable names.
- I'm a kid and don't want everything to be permanently googleable.
Words that rhyme with googlebugle, frugal, fugal
Definition of google in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan