nounNorth American • informal
- An associate or accomplice, especially a senior member of a criminal gang.More example sentences
- It ‘wants to be’ a companion piece to the gritty urban violence of Martin Scorsese's Mean Streets and GoodFellas, telling its tale of goombahs who grow up and into a life of crime via voice-overs, rock music, and montages.
- Even murderous goons and heartless goombahs were stirred to noble deeds.
- The goombahs from whom Dave stole the drugs are on his trail, however, and before long Dave's dealing days are over, permanently.
1960s: probably a dialect alteration of Italian compare 'godfather, friend, accomplice'.
More definitions of goombahDefinition of goombah in:
- The US English dictionary