noun[mass noun] North American • informal
- another term for trail mix.More example sentences
- Take a break from gorp and beef jerky and make lunch on a day hike a feast.
- The breakfasts were hearty - pancakes with berries, bagels and eggs - and lunches included make-your-own gorp.
- They radiate good health as they unpack bags of gorp, apples, whole-wheat pitas, and huge water bottles.
1970s: perhaps an acronym from good old raisins and peanuts.
More definitions of gorpDefinition of gorp in:
- The US English dictionary