- 1Used to express surprise or give emphasis: gosh, it’s freezing!More example sentences
- He issues a command and all of them get up and… oh my gosh!
- I'll show her bold side a bit more, ooooo, I just got an idea… oh my gosh!
- He should have come home, found the dog with the leash and started yelling and running around the neighborhood, oh my gosh!
- 1.1chiefly North American Used as a euphemism for ‘God’: a gosh-awful teamMore example sentences
- That it's not a gosh-awful mess is reason for celebration.
- First the oil companies scour the freaking globe, going to the most gosh-forsaken dangerous places on earth to find the stuff.
mid 18th century: euphemism for God.
More definitions of goshDefinition of gosh in:
- The US English dictionary