- 1Very light and thin: the batter is gossamer-thin and crisp the gossamer-thin muscle that controls eye movementMore example sentences
- The sky above was a reddish blue color, with a few gossamer-thin clouds scuttling along at high speed.
- The bosses have ordered hundreds of packets of gossamer-thin rubber gloves.
- Strands of hair were laid on gossamer-thin tissue paper and then a small palette knife was used to simultaneously glue them down and flatten them.
- 1.1(Of an account) weak and unconvincing or unsubstantial: the gossamer-thin and silly plotMore example sentences
- The story line is gossamer-thin, centering around Margie's unrequited love for the singer.
- A gossamer-thin story about two lovers who have a spat is drowned in flaky, candy-colored special effects that look curiously old-fashioned.
- The book is loved more for its images than its gossamer-thin tale about a boy's steam-powered quest to meet Santa Claus.
More definitions of gossamer-thinDefinition of gossamer-thin in:
- The US English dictionary