A section of a newspaper devoted to gossip about well-known people.
More example sentences
- To add to their troubles, a new gossip column in the school newspaper is running items by an anonymous author that reveal all of their secrets and insecurities.
- It frustrates me that for a time I wrote the biggest gossip column in the biggest Sunday newspaper, founded a magazine and a website.
- That's how this crazy journey began, a four-month passage where life somehow evolved from hoping the public address announcer pronounced his name correctly to finding his name in the celebrity gossip column of the tabloids.
- More example sentences
- And a gossip columnist can get sued every bit as quickly as any reporter.
- She had been a gossip columnist for Film Weekly, writing acerbic pen portraits and causing offence to a generation of British film personalities.
- ‘She raised a fair-sized lump on Joan's head,’ reported the gossip columnist the next day.
Definition of gossip column in:
- The US English dictionary