Definition of gossip column in English:
A section of a newspaper devoted to gossip about well-known people.
- To add to their troubles, a new gossip column in the school newspaper is running items by an anonymous author that reveal all of their secrets and insecurities.
- It frustrates me that for a time I wrote the biggest gossip column in the biggest Sunday newspaper, founded a magazine and a website.
- That's how this crazy journey began, a four-month passage where life somehow evolved from hoping the public address announcer pronounced his name correctly to finding his name in the celebrity gossip column of the tabloids.
gossip columnist noun
- Example sentences
- And a gossip columnist can get sued every bit as quickly as any reporter.
- She had been a gossip columnist for Film Weekly, writing acerbic pen portraits and causing offence to a generation of British film personalities.
- ‘She raised a fair-sized lump on Joan's head,’ reported the gossip columnist the next day.
Definition of gossip column in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan