1A method of painting using opaque pigments ground in water and thickened with a glue-like substance.
- Dave combines his love of the mountains with his artistic eye to compose striking images and Billy uses gouache - a method using opaque colours mixed with water, honey and gum - and specialises in paintings of birds, landscapes and plants.
- There, he has lived for the past 30 years, mastering lithography, oil painting, watercolor, gouache, drawing, engraving, sculpture and ceramics.
- The exhibits range from creative embroidery to pencil drawings as well as large numbers of oil paintings, gouache and watercolours.
1.1Opaque watercolour of the type used in gouache painting.
- Painted in gouache, watercolor and acrylic, its surface varies from matte to shiny and its colors from transparent to opaque.
- The gallery will present his reproductions painted in not only watercolor, but also gouache and acrylic paints.
- Singh has developed a unique process in her works on paper: she paints with watercolor and gouache on heavy paper, abraids the surface with sandpaper, repaints, sands and then paints again.
1.2 [count noun] A picture painted using the gouache method.
- Many of Erte's original works, including gouaches, serigraphs, bronze sculptures, jewelry and objects d' art were presented, and the ‘Theatre’ room contained furniture crafted from his designs.
- Exception has to be made only for two sun-filled West Texas landscapes - gouaches Doyle painted with the paper taped to the hood of his car, while pulled over to the side of a country road.
- In 1941 and 1942-by the sun and a blue sea that she sometimes seems literally to be drawing with, far from her family and the tumult of Berlin, humming as she worked - she painted 1,325 gouaches.
Late 19th century: French, from Italian guazzo.
Words that rhyme with gouachedémarche, harsh, marsh, moustache (US mustache)
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gou|ache
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.