- 1 [mass noun] A highly seasoned Hungarian soup or stew of meat and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.More example sentences
- The menu is mostly traditional, but includes some interesting starters such as Hungarian goulash, roll mops and the old reliable shrimp cocktail.
- In fact, one of the best places for goulash, in either soup or stew form, is at the Fakanal restaurant on the first floor of the market hall.
- Almost every culture eventually developed distinct conventions, from the fiery curries of India to paprika-permeated goulash in Hungary.
from Hungarian gulyás-hús, from gulyás 'herdsman' + hús 'meat'; sense 2 (dating from the 1920s) is an extended use.
More definitions of goulashDefinition of goulash in:
- The US English dictionary