Definition of graceless in English:
Lacking grace, elegance, or charm: he wanted to speak so as not to seem sullen or graceless she let loose a graceless snort
More example sentences
- Tash bit her lip, feeling her words were graceless and awkward, when her gratitude was so much more.
- Though Thomas received much criticism and admitted later that the graceless exit was unsportsman-like, Thomas has never publicly apologized.
- Brash, graceless and ignorant, she's all the things that middle England hates and fears from inner-city working-class Britain’.
gauche, maladroit, inept, socially awkward, socially inept, socially unsure, lacking in social graces, unpolished, unsophisticated, uncultured, uncultivated, unrefined;
clumsy, awkward, ungainly, ungraceful, inelegant, uncoordinated, gawky, gangling, bumbling, blundering, lumbering;
tactless, thoughtless, inconsiderate;
inexperienced, raw, uneducated, unworldly;
nervous, shy, bashful;
- Example sentences
- But if we just gracelessly and abruptly climbed-down from our position right now, that really would have very serious consequences both for us and for the entire world order.
- For days afterwards the thought of the galloping Kimberly made me smile: it's not every day you come across somebody so dementedly and gracelessly determined to be seen with the right person.
- Then, just as the sliding door started to automatically close the lady's legs buckled and she slid rather gracelessly to the floor, her head hitting the now almost closed door on the way down.
- Example sentences
- For her, the film is not a directorial debut, but it is constructed with the clumsiness and gracelessness of one.
- They bring a sense of confrontation rather then conciliation, belligerence rather than humility and gracelessness rather than gracefulness.
- His post filled me with an unfortunate sense of loss as I considered the gracelessness of our current popular culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia