- The seeds of a West African plant of the ginger family, resembling those of cardamom and used as a spice and in herbal medicine. Also called malaguetta.
More example sentences
- The plant is Aframomum melegueta, family Zingiberaceae
- Grains of Paradise come from West Africa, where they grow on a leafy plant and are easily harvested.
- Warm, spicy, a tad bitter, Grains of Paradise have a full, delicious taste and a lovely, citrus aroma.
More definitions of grains of ParadiseDefinition of grains of Paradise in:
- The US English dictionary