- The viscera of a dead deer.More example sentences
- Which is just as well because once a deer is shot, the gamekeeper must carry out the gralloch, or disembowelling.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Disembowel (a deer that has been shot).More example sentences
- A stag is always gralloched before the carcass is taken down the mountain.
- The current legislation allows deer stalking in infected areas, but the deer carcase must be gralloched [emptied] and skinned where shot.
- The deer are always bled and gralloched immediately after killing.
mid 19th century: from Scottish Gaelic grealach 'entrails'.
More definitions of grallochDefinition of gralloch in:
- The US English dictionary