- A person who studies and writes about grammar.More example sentences
- The grammarians ' attitude toward language, combined with the mechanical instruction in grammar required by the texts, made the subject feared and despised by pupils and teachers alike.
- Even though we require our children to study the English language for 13 years in school, we can't seem to get people to speak English the way grammarians who write textbooks want us to.
- Some grammarians have insisted that people is a collective noun that should not be used as a substitute for persons when referring to a specific number of individuals.
Middle English: from Old French gramarien, from gramaire (see grammar).
More definitions of grammarianDefinition of grammarian in:
- The US English dictionary