- old-fashioned term for record player.More example sentences
- Vinyl recordings and gramophones were sent back from America before they became readily available in Ireland and in this way he acquired a large repertoire of tunes often several in the same week.
- There was a gramophone at home and recordings of opera.
- Exhibits will include film and audio clips, scripts, designs, posters, diaries, costume, radios and gramophones and 78 rpm records,
- More example sentences
- Just as each fibre in a piece of tissue is spontaneously soaked when the tip of its corner meets the water surface, I am whisked off to a personal wonderland of wistful sighs whenever I hear that distinctive gramophonic sound.
- I consider it a real gramophonic experience: bits of it could be used to prove everything about quadraphonic recording.
late 19th century: formed by inversion of elements of phonogram 'sound recording'.
More definitions of gramophoneDefinition of gramophone in:
- The US English dictionary