nounBritish • informal
- One’s grandmother: I’m not your gran, am I? [as name]: you know how Gran looks forward to seeing usMore example sentences
- Our audience at the Grand in Blackpool will be from 12-year-olds right through to grans and grandads.
- Every need is catered for from young children to grans and grandads.
- In the magazine survey, almost three quarters of grans said being a grandparent was better than being a parent.
mid 19th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of granDefinition of gran in:
- The US English dictionary